Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Quick and Dirty

Bit of a crazy week, so I’ll keep this post short.

Ankle’s doing well – strangely, the only thing that really hurts is on top of the foot (away from the break) when I stretch the foot out to full extension . . . kinda pulling the heel up & toes down, ya’ know? It burns across the top of the foot something fierce. I imagine it’s scar tissue or just a really tight ligament or something. I keep stretching it slowly so it doesn’t heal that way permanently.

So, this coming weekend is a drill weekend. I’ve already let the cadre know about the ankle so that shouldn’t be an issue but I’m kinda bummed about not being 100%. Luckily, I’m still considered Red Phase (entry level) so there’s still a lot of classroom and paperwork stuff I need to do so it won’t really be keeping me from doing anything cool. I should only have to stay out of the running on Sunday a.m. I picked up all my name tape and patches for my ACU last week and put them on. The uniform looks so much better now that it has my name on the front and the U.S. ARMY tape and flag on. I even sprung for my own cover (hat) because they didn’t have one big enough for my melon. Better to spend a few bucks out of pocket than stand out in the summer sun all day with my bald head exposed! I got a lovely burn last month and spent a week peeling. Lemme tell ya: a peeling bald head is NOT a pretty sight!

Like I said – keeping this short. I may not get to post again this week, but I’ll definitely update y’all after the weekend.

Later!

1 comment:

Spilling Ink said...

You got the big ol' Irish melon, huh? That's okay, my friend. A big brain pan holds a big brain. :-) Keep taking care of that ankle. I hope you reach 100% soon.

{{{{Jim}}}}