Monday, July 14, 2008

Good Weekend

Ah, Monday. Ya know, I don't hate them the way I used to. Sure, I'll still take a solid Sunday afternoon over a Monday morning any day but overall . . . they're not nearly as tough to face as they were once upon a time. You think Monday's learning better behavior, or maybe my attitude has gotten better? Me, have a bad attitude?? NAHHH! I'm betting Monday's just trying to get itself better press . . .

The weekend was good. Saturday morning, The Boy and I did a car wash fundraiser with the Boy Scouts. They're raising money for a very cool high-adventure trip next summer so we've been running lots of fundraisers. I was supposed to be the adult leader for this trip but, alas, I will still be training at Ft. Sam Houston, Texas when the boys depart. I'm due back a few weeks after they split. Bit of a bummer actually, it's going to be a great tripe and I was looking forward to it. Anyway, the boys worked hard, had fun, and earned themselves over $50 each. Not too shabby for a few hours of work. Saturday afternoon, we headed to a HS graduation party for one of my nieces (don't ask how old THAT makes me feel!) It was a great afternoon. We got to hang with my side of the family, something that we don't get to do too often. It was the first time I'd seen any of them since joining the NG and I had to tell them. My mom was there, so of course I had to tell her first, two of my brothers were there when I did and next thing I knew it was the primary topic of conversation! Have to say, I was surprised by their reactions. Most of them were really supportive. Even my mother thought it was a good thing - at least at first. :-) The more she thought about it, the more she realized that I could be deployed, etc. and she got a little worried. Over all though, the consensus seemed to be that my decision was a good one. I think The Wife was disappointed . . . she was sure she'd get more people to side with her on the "You're an asshole!" side of the fence. Sorry, babe!

Sunday was a quiet, lay-around-on-my-ass, kinda day. (Of course, The wife says that's EVERY day for me . . .) We went out for a nice brunch as a family, then The Boy had friends over for the day while The Wife and I hung out and watched some movies. Well . . . The Wife did get up and do all the housework in between, whilst I continued warming the couch cushions with my big ol' butt, so I guess she did a bit more than me.

As I said, a good weekend.

Later!

No comments: