Monday, April 02, 2007

Where I Be

Monday has returned and the world bites donkey pizzle once more! (Sorry, bad day at work!)

The good news is I finished all the changes to "Slayer" this weekend. (Yay, Me!) Well, the edits anyway. I still have type in to do but that should go pretty quickly. I have some free nights this week (The Boy is on spring break & staying with the grandparents) so I'm hoping to get most of it done by the end of the week and out into the mail. (Hope springs eternal!) Once that's out, I'm back into the edits for "Fish" (I will finish it by the end of April!) and I need to get back on the first draft of "First". The damn thing is almost done but I can't seem to get motivated and knock out the last few chapters. Well, the weather's warming up and that always seems to get my ass in gear, so we shall see . . .

I'm reading "Demon" by John Varley right now. It's the last book of his Gaea Series and I've been trying to read the damn thing since I was 12! No kidding: I could NEVER find a copy of the damn book! I read the first two ("Titan" & "Wizard") when I was a kid and I've read them both 3-4 times since, but I've never read "Demon". It's nice to finally see how it all turns out after almost 30 years! I love these books. The world is completely outlandish and bizarre, but Varley puts it all together so carefully, and with such detail, that it seems perfectly plausible. Highly recommend them for anyone who like their hard SF with a fantasy twist.

Despite the fact it is the most miserable day of the week, and work is jerking my chain, I'm feeling pretty good today. Making forward progress on the writing, The Wife and I get to spend some adult time together (always nice) for the next few days, and I'm actually back to losing weight again. (BIG YAY!) I've been at a plateau for the last few months, just holding steady and it's nice to see some of the fat is finally fading off again. I'm down eight more pounds in the last two weeks. That works fine by me! I've actually been changing my eating patterns based on some research I've been doing. It seems to be working, but I'll let you all know when I get a bit more on the long term results. It's only been two weeks, so I can't really say for sure. I'm still doing the vegetarian thing though, and loving it. Smartest damn thing I ever did! Even though I haven't been dropping the weight I'd hoped to, I feel 1000% better than I have in years. Just being able to walk without back and leg pain all the time makes it worth the change! It also cleared out my daily heartburn, migraines (2-3 per week) and I sleep a lot sounder than I had for many years.

Suggestion: if you suffer from any of the above problems, try cutting out all meat for 14 days. See how you feel then. If it doesn't help, go back to your regular diet. That's how I started out and after about five days, I knew I wasn't going back. The change is that noticeable, that quickly.

Anyway, enough preaching at you for one day.

Later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude -
Contact me at joecop111@yahoo.com. We have alot in common, besides being Coppingers.
I like your writings - and, it will probably lauch me into going for it too.
Thanks -
Joe Coppinger
(porbably a brother from a different mother . . .)

Anonymous said...

that's "probably"