Wednesday, November 02, 2005

On My Way

NaNo Count - 4,026 words.

I picked those up over lunch today; I never did get to writing last night. The day just kicked my ass. Work was crazy and depressing, I got home and there was a ton of stress waiting in the form of my contractor, and the meeting I went to for Boy Scouts ran into the 3+ hour range. I got home, ate (at 10:20 p.m. which is SOOOOO good for my waist!) sat and stared at the TV with the wife (who had about the same day I did!) for 1/2 hour before we both crawled off to bed to try and forget yesterday had even happened.

Today is going much better (so far!) I cranked out the 4k on "First" without batting an eye. I LOVE it when the words come that easy! Work is not breathing down my neck at the moment and the contractor should have all my electric work done today and start moving into sheetrocking the place by the end of the week.

I think I'm going to keep my NaNo Count at the top of each post for November. Do you care how many words I write? Probably not, but making myself accountable to you for progress is a great inspiration when I feel like letting it slide. So, at the moment I am ahead of the game for NaNo day 2, but behind on my personal schedule because of the missed day. I hope to make up the difference though and get a full 90,000 words on "First" this month. I tried that last year as well, but fell short. I only made 68,000 words which (to be honest) was thrilling! I'd never done anything like that before. I probably won't make the 90k this year either, there are a bunch of scheduled events/holidays, etc. in there to throw me off but I'll give it my best shot.

I think I'm going to have to wait on the "business" work I was spouting about the other day until the contractor finishes up. I just can't get to anything right now, it's all in boxes or buried under boxes. When my office is done I can move on that. For now, I can barely squeezze my fat ass into the space where I can get at the computer! Ah well, work summons . . .gotta run.

Later!

2 comments:

SRH said...

Stupid work getting in the way of the not work stuff!

J.A. Coppinger said...

LOL!

Don't you just hate that? It's all the engineers, cartographers, and Infrastructure design geeks of the world. They're screwing with our lives, dude!

We'll just have to become BSW's so we can thumb our noses at 'em!

Later!