Thursday, November 17, 2005

Fate Hath Pissed Upon Me

NaNo Count - 23,368 words.

Have we ever discussed the dangers of tempting fate?

Was it just yesterday I said that things were looking up and my stress levels were coming down so I could really start focusing on writing? (silly, silly, boy!) I just had to poke at the fates, didn't I? Spout off and bring their attention down on me . . .

As of this writing, the contractor who has been doing my house has simply disappeared. I haven't seen him in two full days. I've left several messages on his voice mail and answering machine . . . nothing. The man has fallen off the ends of the earth, leaving my house only 1/2 complete! AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!

He may show up. He may have a legitimate reason for not coming to my home but it pisses me right-the-fuck-off that he hasn't called! Can't make it? No problem. Have to be on another job for an emergency? I can understand that . . . JUST CALL AND LET ME FRIGGIN' KNOW!!! I hate waiting and wondering worse than anything. Right now I feel like my insides are being slowly twisted with a bend of barbed wire that's been dipped in castor oil (nice visual, huh?) I have this overwhelming feeling of dread that tells me I have been royally screwed and I am up the proverbial creek . . .

Well, I got some writing done today anyway, though it was one hell of a struggle with my brain focused on the house. Anyway, don't have much heart to write the blog today either, so I'm gonna bail.

Oh, if you come across my contractor in your travels . . . ask him to call me, please. Failing that, feel free to bash his fucking skull in with a nail-studed 2x4 and back your vehicle over his bloody carcass several times. (Now THERE'S a happy thought!)

Later!

No comments: