Wednesday, November 30, 2005

A 15 Minute Poem

This is what I decided to post today. Why? I don't know (and quite frankly, I'm afraid to ask!) my psyche merely decided to pump this out over lunch. For whatever reason, it told me to write it out in under 15 minutes. The results are below for your reading pleasure.

Here's a challenge for anyone interested: do your own poem in 15 minutes or less. Feel free to post a link here in the comments.

Later!

******************

TICK-TOCK

Tick, tock, tilly today I’m feeling silly
Beg, buy, borrow: don’t know about tomorrow
Pick, post, and pay for the dreams of yesterday
While Doc slaps a suture on the wounds of my future

You slide through each day in your own little way
Side-stepping the crap and flapping your yap
Singing Ring-ding-a-dillo, till your heads on the pillow
Dreams awash in thought that your brain never caught

Your alarm ends the snore, then you’re at it once more
Shave, shit, and shower in just under an hour
Turn the key: vroom-vroom, now it’s off to your doom
Nod, smile, and listen: just ignore what you’re missin’

Ticky-dee, ticky-doo, there’s a grand life for you
Ticky-doo, ticky-dee have you listened to me?
Don’t feel crazy cuz your life’s gone all hazy
Find a place, find a friend, that gives a better end

So today we all felt silly ‘bout our ticky-tocky-tilly
Come ‘round tomorrow and we’ll beg, steal and borrow
As we laugh at yesterday and the things we didn’t say
And the fearsome future? Grab the bitch and smooch ‘er!


Copyright, 2005 by
J.A. Coppinger
All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

Jean said...

I like it! Thanks for posting.