Sunday, January 18, 2009

Leaving

Well folks, I'm off to BCT . . . assuming my fat ass makes weight/tape. I HAVE lost weight since I joined the NG but not enough to make my desired weight. I'll still need to be taped for my body fat %. It SHOULD be lower now but I'm still worried they're going to tell me: Nope. Too fat, come back in a few months." That'll be embarrasing as hell, to have to explain that to all the folks who've been supporting me and wishing me good luck & good-bye.

The good news is that The Wife has agreed to log on here from time to time and let you know how I'm doing. She'll pull from my letters, etc. and keep you all up to date on my adventures in Armyland! :-) When I get back, I'll give you all an immesely boring diatribe on my journeys and if/how it changes me. Keep a good thought for me and hope I make my taping and that my old body doesn't get hurt (too much!) during this adventure. Sadly, the joints aren't quite as flexible as they were when I was twenty, so I do worry a bit about that . . .

So, this is me: out for a while!

Later!!

3 comments:

Epijunky said...

Best of luck to you!!! You're going to rock it!

Just remember, Colonel and Corporal are not interchangeable. The same thing with Sergeant First Class and First Sergeant :)

Don't ask me how I know that.

Oh, and stock up on the Absorbine Jr. It smells like hell but works wonders on the joints.

Jean said...

Good luck! Look forward to hearing when you get to Fort Sam, and maybe hubby and I can take you out for local Mexican cuisine.

Ethereal Highway said...

You're going to do great, Jim. I'm so glad your wife will log in to let us know how you are! That's such a great idea.

{{{{Jim}}}}

{{{{Wife}}}}