Monday, July 02, 2007

Randomness

Do you think it's possible being a vegetarian helps you heal faster?

I went to the rock gym again on Friday (with The Boy, my nephew and Bro-In-Law. Was much fun!) and I damaged my left hand. I was really pushing it and I slid off a grip, tearing all the skin off the pads of the center two fingers of my hand. Think about the hole left by a large blister just below the knuckle, and you've got the general idea. The tears were deep, too. I was down into the dermis at least. Now, I've had this type of injury before (we all have at one time or another, no?) and it sucks. Everything burns! Air . . . water . . . touching it with another finger . . . everything feels like fire. It usually takes a week or more of this agony before the new skin grows over it enough so you can wash your hands without screaming (Ok, so I'm a whimp!) Not this time though.

I did the damage Friday night at about 9:00 p.m. and by Sunday morning the rips had healed over to a hard skin that I could touch with no problem. Even soap didn't sting!!! As of this writing (Monday p.m.) They've healed up to the point where they don't even hurt anymore. Another two or three days and the damn things will be fully healed. Bizarre! Shit, it normally takes me a week to heal up a simple blister and these were MUCH worse.

I don't know how the diet could affect that but I can't think of anything else that might.

On other fronts . . .

Did a graduation party for my niece over the weekend. Nice party (except for the three year old who screamed, threw cake at his mother, and repeatedly punched his father in the face for several hours non-stop. Luckily, he's no relation to us . . .) Yesterday was just a crash day. We hung out and watched movies all day. (in between naps, anyway!) It was a nice afternoon. It's nice to just de-pressurize once in a while. It's been a crazy two months of running from event to event.

I saw this on the Web this morning and it made me laugh:

What's the difference between having "guts" and having "balls"?

GUTS: is arriving home late after a night out with the guys, being assaulted by your wife with a broom, and having the guts to say: "Are you still cleaning, or are you flying somewhere?"

BALLS: is coming home late after a night out with the guys, smelling of perfume and beer with lipstick on your collar, slapping your wife on the ass, and having the balls to say, "Roll over, You're next!"

I'd have to say that I have guts, not balls. (Cuz if I did, The Wife'd make SURE I didn't for much longer!!!!!)

Later!

1 comment:

Spilling Ink said...

I think a proper diet can do ALL SORTS of amazing things! I have heard meat described as "putrifying" to the human system. Makes ya think, eh?

And it sounds like having balls can be hazardous to one's health. And to continued breathing. :-)