Monday, April 10, 2006

Mine Ass Hath Been Truly Kicked!

Howdy, folks!

Contrary to popular opinion, I did not die from blood loss after the mutilation of my ear (much to The Wife's regret, I assure you!) I aplogize for the unexpected silence but spacetime went through some unexplained quantum flux, altering the chronologic flow of the universe in a bizarre manner that produced a two week long string of back-to-back Mondays.

Now, you all know how very fond I am of that (so-called) day and you also know (I trust) that I would not use that vile title on any day that had not truly earned it. Trust me when I guarantee you that life has been repeatedly placing it's proverbial boot upon my well-rounded buttocks. Repeatedly. And with great vigor. Giggling the whole while. (though that might have been The Wife, I'm not sure.)

I took a "vacation" (please note the sarcastic quotes there!) last week to work on my house. I needed the time to try and finish off all the horrors my asshole contractor left me with after he bailed. It was a nightmare. Every time I went to finish something, I had to backtrack five steps when I saw the crap work he'd left behind. I won't go into detail on the idiocy I found (else we might be here till we're all old and gray!) suffice to say that I had no time to breathe last week, much less post here, and that suicide was beginning to look like a viable alternative to continuing work on my home.

I meant to let you all know I'd be out of touch last week before I left but my string of Mondays began about ten minutes after my last post. Work exploded in front of me, leaving bits of foul smelling offal all over me . . . just what one needs before moving into a week of rage, frustration, and disappointment. (ain't I the lucky fella?) Now, in a saner -more just- world (if such exists anywhere!) you might expect that when I finished working on the house that my Monday-itis would fade. (and you would be a very silly person to expect that!) Instead, after taking off yesterday for a well earned bit of rest . . . things got worse. (I know: you're shocked!) In the last twenty four hours we've had a family death, a major family fight (not related to the death, though I am considering adding to the body count . . .) I walked into 0ne hundred and thirteen (113) e-mails waiting for me (BTW: at an average of ten minutes to compose, that would mean folks spent 1,130 minutes -or approx. 19 hours- writing me messages last week. Multiply that by 52 weeks a year and I have the equivalent of a full time person doing nothing but sending me e-mails for half the year! That's insane!) Anyway, throw in a shitstorm in the form of an e-mail that was accidentally sent out by senior management containing personal assesments of individual's professional abilities (done by me at my boss' request). The e-mail (naturally!) wound up in the hands of many of the folks I had assessed and I have been receiving angry phone calls all day from folks who didn't like what I had to say.

Oh yea . . . the Mondays just keep on-a-rollin'!!!

Writing . . . bleh. Not one goddam word in two weeks. No time, energy, or desire to even try. I hope to get back on it soon but work for the next three weeks is looking uglier by the minute. I have a major software rollout and training program to run (and three -so far- new trainees thrown in for chuckles!) and I'll be all over the place so I don't know where/when/how I'll be writing, updating the blog, editing or . . . ya' know: BREATHING!!!!

Well now . . . ain't you glad "Little-Miss-Mary-Sunshine" is back in town kids?

Later!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back. We will wait patiently for your shitstorm to blow over. You're not alone. It's raining turds here too.
Lynn

SRH said...

missed you. mean it

J.A. Coppinger said...

Wow, I was actually missed????

Damn! Usually when people "miss" me it means the bullet went wide.

:-)

Thanks, folks!