Friday, February 25, 2005

That's Just Nasty!

So I stopped in the gentleman's room on my way out of the office last night. I took care of my business and proceeded to wash my hands. As I'm doing so, I watch another fella come in, make use of the urinal, then go straight to the paper towel dispenser. He pulled of a wad of paper, dried his hands and left, without ever once touching a drop of water. What is up with that??? I'm standing there thinking:

1. What did he have on his hands that he needed to dry off?
2. If you need to dry off after doing THAT, you need some soap and water!!!

Ah well, noting important I guess, but I couldn't shake the fear that I might actually have to shake this guys hand one day. (I actually used a paper towel to open the door, cuz I was NOT touching the handle after he did!)

Slow writing the last two days, I've only managed 1500 words on the WIP, though I did get a little work done on the current Edit. I'm really just reading through that to refresh my memory since I haven't touched it in over a year. I'm going to be taking a shot at One Pass Editing as outlined on Holly Lisle's site (the link is on the sidebar - fantastic site for anyone who writes!) I like the sounds of it, though I have a feeling it will be rough going for me. I'll post on my thoughts and progress . . .

Snowed here in Jersey today, about 4-5 in. in my area, just finished shoveling (Yay!) and I'm tired. Off to get some lunch and do some office work so I don't lose a day's pay. (You gotta love telecommuting!)

Later!

No comments: