Thursday, February 24, 2005

Right out of the Gate

Okay, so first off I should say hi . . . so: Hi!!!

Whew, glad that's out of the way! Now on to the important stuff; the insane ramblings of my own inner self.

I am a writer (note I do not say: author!) I point out the distinction because I have yet to publish anything of note. I have had a few small press short stories published but my true pastime is in writing novels. I work in the Fantasy genre for the most part, with the occasional detour into soft SF and Horror. I currently have six (6) novels working, in various stages of completion. (Yea, like one at a time isn't painful enough! My masochistic mind wants more!) Two are done and undergoing editing prior to submittal and the rest are at least 50% or better to completion. I'm spending most of my free time (of which I have damned little!) working on an epic fantasy (no title yet) which I have just broken the 150k mark on, with no clear end in sight. (sigh) Don't you just hate it when the characters run away with your story?

In any event, I really don't know why I'm starting this blog but it seemed like a good idea at the time. Who knows, maybe I'll be hugely succesful some day and those of you who read this can say: "I knew him when . . ." I'll be posting regularly with updates on my WIP and ongoing wordcounts, traumas, concerns, and issues ,with the occasional bit of whining thrown in for fun. Hope you all enjoy, feel free to comment on anything I say that ticks you off . . . Brings up a good question: Who the hell is going to read this? I just signed up for this thing and have NO idea how to get some readers. Hmmm.

Guess a little research is in order, eh? Oh well, if you do happen to see this and have some ideas for me, I'd sure like to hear 'em!

Later!

1 comment:

Motherhood for the Weak said...

Try blog explosion and google blog directories to get yourself listed.

Also, I get a lot of traffic from the FM site, just get your blog on the list.

In addition blog on a regular schedule, readers won't stick with someone who blogs erratically.

Oh and I recommend the free hit counter from www.bravenet.com.

Good luck!

Michelle