Monday, March 14, 2016

Making Progress

So, I got some decent progress on my current novel done tonight, which pleases me. For some reason, I've been struggling with this book - I'm close to the end (down to the last 2-3 chapters) and I know exactly what's going to happen but I've been really panicked at the idea of trying to put those events down on paper (or, ya' know: digital paper as it were!) I think i'm just worried about not being able to effectively write out the scenes I have painted so vividly in my brain. This is some seriously epic battle type stuff going down, with a lot of intense emotions and if it's done right, it will be the kind of ending where folks will be like: "Damn! That was insane!"

At least, that's what it should be. Problem is, I'm not sure I have the skill to make it come across as cool as I imagine it. That, I guess, is the true curse of being a writer - you're never sure your talent can achieve the heights of your own ambition. (why do I insist on doing this gig, again???)

I did finally get some sleep after posting the other night (yay!) so getting back to this blog and letting my brain run a bit more freely seems to have helped in at least a small way. I'm writing again and sleeping ok, so let's hope my crazy takes a back seat for a little while, shall we?

Other than that, I'm just crazy busy at the day job. Teaching classes at a client's for the next month straight, so that's gonna be interesting. Good thing is, they're only 1/2 an hour down the road instead of the two hour commute I usually take to my office, so that's a win. I did get a phone call from The Boy last night, which is always awesome. He's all growed up and on his own, conquering the world and such but I do love hearing from him. Little Dumb-Ass still makes me laugh harder than anyone else I know.

Well, it's getting close to a normal person's bedtime here, so I'm off to see if I can pretend to be one for a change! :-)

Night, folks!

No comments: