Monday, January 10, 2011

Checkin' in!

Howdy, all!

Busybusybusy! Work is keeping me tied up a bit and at home I've been . . . well, just crashing basically. The cold (I HATE the cold!) keeps me from wanting to do anything outdoors. The fact that there's still a shit-ton (how much is that, btw?) of snow leftover from the holiday and more expected on the 'morrow does not help my demeanor either. Winter Blahs, I guess. Also getting frustrated that nothing I have planned seems to happen quickly enough for me . . . everything takes longer than it should for some reason. Even the simple task of getting back into school seems too slow. Some classes don't start until the 20th, and the online classes have started but the teacher takes a week+ to respond to every submittal. Patience is not now, nor has it ever been, my strong suit.

I did get me a few hundred words of writing done on "First" over the holidays (pathetic, I know!) Most of the vacation was spent at home "relaxing" (i.e. shoveling snow, fixing leaking roofs, etc.) but it was good. Had our Hobbit Day festivities and got to start and finish "Fable III" (video game) with The Boy. Very fun! I tried playing "Red Dead Redemption" and it was fun but I really suck at shooters (too much finesse and control required!) I'm better with swords and such so I can just mash the buttons really fast to kill stuff!

Running this morning sucked ass!!! I didn't realize how cold it was till I was already out there. It was only 15 degrees here with a windchill of -4 below. OUCH! I really need to move to someplace warm. I can get up at 5:00 a.m.and run my miles, do my push-ups/sit-ups, etc. without complaint . . . unless it's cold out. My ass does not want to get out from under toasty warm covers to go out on days like this. Everything just aches when you run in that kinda cold. I'll take 100+ temps any day, thank you! So I sweat like a pig and the air here in Jersey gets so humid you can swim through it, so who cares? At least nothing hurts and I'm not sweating and shivering all at once. Trying to talk The Wife into Texas: I really liked it in San Antonio.

Anyway, that's all for today. Just checkin' in!

1 comment:

Ethereal Highway said...

There is plenty of room for you in Florida. :-) It hurt my bones to read your weather. It never snows here, but I start whining when it gets below 65 or so. You should see me when we have cold snaps that dip into the thirties and such for a few days. I'm pretty much crying and hiding under massive amounts of blankets and cranking the heat until my sinuses start to get irritated. I don't know how people manage in places where it's really cold. I'd probably die.