Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Drive-By Posting

What's up, folks?

Life is crazy on this end - not enough hours in the day it seems. Between getting ready for Basic, The Boy's teenage life, work, and life's never-ending little issues that demand copious amounts of my time it always seems like I'm 1/2 step behind where I need to be. Well, at least I'm smart enough to know I'm not the only one. Most eveybody in this day and age has the same problem, so I'll forebear any additional bitchin' on the subject! :-)

Had fun at drill last weekend - sort of.

The drill was fine but I got stuck being the PG (Platoon Guide) for my phase. Riding herd on ninety three 17-18 year old kids is NOT my idea of a fun day! Seriously, I can see that dealing with these kids is going to be the most difficult part of this whole experience. I had one kid who just refused to listen to anything anyone said. I tried asking politely, then explaining my reasons, then trying to order him. His only answer to anything was "You ain't nobody, I ain't gotta listen to you!" Finally, I just said "Fine, let's take it to the Sergeant." At first he was like "Fine!" but as soon as I took two steps, he was like: "Wait, wait! I'm sorry!"

Amazing.

Anyway, just wanted to stop in to say hi. Crazy crazy!

Later!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jim,
I had no chance to see you again, and I'll not see you next time, because I'm shipping out on Oct. 15th... Last drill I was in the Blue Phase, they took really easy on us. The only thing is... you can fell lucky, because you have a chance to get more training before going to Basic. Anyway, I just stopped by to say "hi" and wish you the best. Keep up the good work. Good luck.

J.A. Coppinger said...

Anna,

Best of luck, warrior! Thanks for your service . . .

I'm sure you'll do just fine!

Later!

Anonymous said...

Your sounding good! Keep it up.

Ethereal Highway said...

It sounds like you handled the conflict very well, Jim. I see good things for you. :-)

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!