Thursday, August 16, 2007

Waitin' . . .

This week can't end quickly enough!

Tomorrow, I'm leaving the crazy behind and headed for the remote wilderness with my family. just a lake, a quiet cabin, and no computers to be found anywhere!!!! Peace and quiet at last . . .

This week of course has been nuts trying to close everything out at work before I split. Home has been fairly stressful as well. The Wife and I are . . . well, not arguing exactly, but in a strong exchange of opinions over the path our future should take. Nobody's getting angry (Thank God!) but we definitely ain't agreeing about things and it's made for some uncomfortable silences and upset stomachs. Just one of them married things, I guess. Single folks don't realize how simple things are for them. They make a decision and move ahead with it. Marriage is "life by committee" . . . everything has to be examined, re-examined, proposed, amended, voted on, then finalized before it can be enacted. No wonder most everyone in Congress is married . . .

Did I mention I need this vacation?

Seriously, the last two vacations we did were Disney (yay.) & D.C. I was more stressed when we got back from those than I had been when we left. I'm not a fan of crowds and agendas. The Wife LOVES agendas. Nothing makes her happier than lists. She loves lists. Lists for everything: what to buy, where to go, when to be there, who to call, where to eat . . . Hell, the woman makes lists of what lists she needs to make! (You think I'm kidding, don't ya? Huh-uh. I've SEEN it!) Love her as I do, the woman makes most "Type-A" personalities seem free-wheelin'! She calls it being organized. I call it being anal-retentive.

And you wonder why she smacks me all the time . . .

Anyway, you won't hear from me next week, so be good y'al. I'll talk at ya' when I get back.

Later!

3 comments:

Spilling Ink said...

I hope you have a wonderful time, Jim. I think I've said this before, but your wife reminds me a little of... me. Lists, clipboard, calendar... I used to think of it as mildly obsessed. :-) Well, there won't be any lists where you are going and that's a good thing.

Jean said...

Have a great vacation. Make sure The Wife brings plenty of paper and pens or pencils. She can make lists to her heart's content (but ask her not to tell you about them until after you've been home for two days).

I make lots of lists. I make 'em and forget 'em. A week or so later, I go back and cross off everything I got done and add what's left to another list. I'm amazed at what gets done after it's been put on the list and ignored.

Oh, and guess what? I began a whole notebook of lists the other night in preparation for retiring and moving. So, I guess that's a formalized list of lists?

SRH said...

Enjoy yourself