Monday, July 31, 2006

Hello, Again!

Hello to anyone who may still be stopping by here to see if I'm alive. Sorry for the long silence but life . . . well, life has been happening, I guess.

I will explain . . . no, there is no time. I will sum up:

1. I became a vegetarian (lost 25 lbs. so far!)
2. Work exploded (Went into major stress meltdown)
3. I went camping for a week (saw many bears up close!)
4. I was rear-ended in my car (completely totalled, but I wasn't hurt.)
5. The Wife and I almost divorced
6. The Wife and I made up
7. I gave The Wife a hicky (first one in 15+ years!)
8. Went to a family reunion
9. Went to a funeral
10. Got to some minor work on the house
11. Saw an 18-wheeler run over a honda civic (while talking to the cop about MY accident!)
12. Walked ten feet behind a Doe and her fawn for nearly a half-mile
13. Shot some black-powder muskets
14. Swam in a mountain lake and saw stars so bright they defy description
15. Had a long conversation with my boy about his future (He wants a Navy career)
16. I lost $1,000 dollars on a kitchen table return and bought a new one
17. I bought a 42" plasma TV
18. I'm going out tonight to buy a new vehicle
19. I got sunburn on top of my bald head (OUCH!)
20. I've changed inside myself somehow (not sure how yet but I am a different person than I was just a few short weeks ago.)

So, there's where I've been in a nutshell. I haven't written a word in a month but that's okay. I want to get back to writing but the pressure of: "I have to do it, time's running out on me!" seems to have faded away (for the moment, anyway) and I'm cool with that. I intend to write and to keep this blog going, but -as I said earlier- Life happens.

Later!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've had an incredible few weeks.
Glad to see you back.

Spilling Ink said...

Yay!!!! I say yaaayyyy!!! Jim's back. I've missed you. I especially like the parts about the stars and not getting divorced. I recently did not get divorced, too. Making up is good.

Spilling Ink said...

Hey, I forgot a couple of things in the last comment. 1. You lost 25 lbs! Congratulations. That rocks! 2. I'm not 'anonymous' anymore. Stop by and visit, okay?

SRH said...

Good to see you back. I am interested in seeing how you have changed inside.